Finding a dress for a special occasion, like your wedding day is a memorable experience, so invest in these tips for inspiration!
1. Know your Body Type and Height: Ladies, this is the time, to admit to ourselves that our shape is a certain way, and we need to embrace it. If we accept our figure, the way we were built, we will have an easier time finding our style! Trust, this is the most important fact, Love yourself! Find one that flatters your shape!
Find out which one you are:
Pear-shaped, Rectangular, Hour-glass, Apple-shaped, Inverted Triangle, etc….
2. Color: find the right color that flatters your skin tone. What’s your skin tone? Find out by knowing what are the colors that are drawn to you. Look in your closet, and find the most prized pieces you wear over and over again, because you love the way it makes you feel.
3. Know your style: Refine it. do you know what style of dress you normally dress like? Find out what icons or decade of fashion you adore, build an inspirational mood board with what you want to dress like and start there. You want your “Love Dress” to capture your fun-personality and really outlines who you are. Be OPEN-MINDED! Don’t get stuck on the idea that there is only one dream dress that you dreamed of as a little girl, because that particular dress may not fit your personality now. Do your research!
4. Dress Right for the type of season: This has to do with climate, and location. Envision how you want to look in your dream wedding surrounding , because this will help you in deciding what will complement your dress. For example, an airy silk chiffon dress is a comfortable choice for a Malibu wedding ..
5. Comfort: this is just as important as knowing your body type. Comfort is crucial, just like when you are buying a new pair of shoes, you need to know they FIT you! and you can actually walk in them. Finding a dress is the same way, when you try it on, make a checklist: Do your breasts feel secure? is the neckline too revealing? do you feel like the style of dress fits your body type? Do you like how the fabric feels against your skin? Can you walk in the dress and not feel like it will come off?
6. Get to your ideal weight goal! You want to look and feel great in that dress, so do what you need to do to get to goal. Set it and do it!
7. Look the Part: do your hair and makeup, and accessorize! Don’t be shy about this. go to the makeup counter and get your make-up done, this is a fun makeup company, http://www.benefit.com. Play your whole look, and play stylist! this is your moment.
8. Trust your consultant: This may be your fashion designer, mom, sister, or best friend. It’s the one person you trust because they give you their honest opinion on how outfits look on you. Follow their advice!
Check out my portfolio, http://www.ninakl.com, for what i did when my clients came to me for advice!